Affordable Housing/Tax Credit Leasing Specialist
Covina, CA Covina, CA 91723
Are you an enthusiastic, perceptive individual with a knack for sales? NPM Staffing is currently searching for energetic Affordable Housing/Tax Credit Leasing Specialists for several clients located in Covina, CA!
Becoming an associate of NPM Staffing is an ideal way to start or progress your career in the apartment industry! Nearly a third of our associates are retained permanently by our clients.
The best part? We now offer same-day electronic payment for associates who use the NPM Staffing mobile app! What are you waiting for? Work today, get paid within 24 hours of your shift!
Leasing Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Answer all incoming phone calls and handle accordingly
- Assist in ensuring that the vacant apartments are in perfect, move-in condition by physically inspecting property when on grounds, picking up litter and reporting any service needs to maintenance staff.
- Handle incoming phone calls and show the property to prospective new residents.
- Thoroughly review all lease applications, assist with application verification and notify prospective resident of results
- Complete all lease paperwork, including related addendums
- Maintain and supervise a lease renewal program following LIHTC/HUD guidelines.
- Maintain awareness of local market conditions and trends
- Contribute ideas to Community Manager for marketing the property and improving resident satisfaction.
- Conduct market survey, shop competition and have constant awareness of neighborhood market conditions.
- Maintain accurate resident records and update all rents, deposits and application fees received by residents daily.
- Issue appropriate notices when necessary (i.e. late payment, eviction notices, returned checks, memos).
- Collect rent and prepare receipts
- Accept service requests from residents and route to maintenance for prompt processing
- Conduct service follow-up with resident when job is complete
- Receive, log and properly code all invoices and review with Community Manager for approval
- Update weekly reports concerning notices to vacate, vacancy reports, activity reports, etc. and provide information to Community Manager
- Affordable Housing and LIHTC/section 8 experience strongly preferred
- Experience in property management
- Strong leadership and accounting skills are a must
- Position requires extensive administrative and organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with OneSite program (or similar software program) or ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Ability to perform accounting functions (Accounts Payable/Receivable) complete with comprehensive understanding of credits/debits/re-classes and accruals.
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
- Ability to work weekends when needed
If you would like to join the NPM Staffing team, apply today for immediate consideration!
NPM Staffing is a national staffing company providing the Apartment Industry with temporary, temp-to-perm, payrolling, contract, and direct hire services for over twenty years. We are dedicated to the success of our clients and associates, and leads the industry in quality staffing and cutting-edge technology. Our innovative and game-changing systems allows for quick, streamlined hiring and our industry expertise and commitment to quality sets us apart from the rest.
NPM Staffing provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.