Berkley, CA Berkeley, CA 94703
NPM Staffing is currently searching for a motivated individual to fill a General Maintenance position in the Berkeley, CA area! Our maintenance employees can use the NPM Staffing mobile app to work where and when they want. The hiring process is easy, and our goal is to get you to communities that need you – fast.
The best part? We now our same day payment for our associates who use the NPM Staffing mobile app. What are you waiting for? Work today, get paid within 24 hours of your shift!
Apartment maintenance staff is responsible for completing all service requests at the direction of the maintenance supervisor or property manager. Responsibilities include:
- Complete apartment service tickets timely and accurately
- Resolve electrical, plumbing and appliance repair
- Install, service, replace and repair the following items in a responsible and professional manner that meets industry standards as needed by the apartment community:
- Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
- Wall molding
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, breakers, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures
- Installation of Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers
- Toilets, sinks, vanities and disposals
- Clean and inspect boiler and storage rooms
- Rodent control
- Stair treads and cove basing
- Gutters, down spouts and connecting hoses
- Minor drywall damages
- Removing bulk trash (including appliances)
- Clearing drains and sewer lines up to 4'
- Minor Painting
- Manage vacant apartments by preparing them through the turnover process so apartments are ready to lease for new residents to move in
- Keep the grounds free of debris and trash
- Provide excellent customer service to residents
- Follow applicable building, county and safety codes/standards
- Complete and log all assigned work orders in a timely fashion
- Follow-up on service requests to assure the highest quality customer satisfaction, and all other duties as may be assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- HVAC Certification a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years of maintenance experience with apartment experience preferred
- General knowledge of all aspects of maintenance repair and service
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds and climb ladders
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Ability to work day, weekend, and evening hours as required
If you would like to join the NPM Staffing team, apply today for immediate consideration!
NPM Staffing is a national staffing company providing the Apartment Industry with temporary, temp-to-perm, payrolling, contract, and direct hire services for over twenty years. We are dedicated to the success of our clients and associates, and lead the industry in quality staffing and cutting-edge technology. Our innovative and game-changing systems allows for quick, streamlined hiring and our industry expertise and commitment to quality sets us apart from the rest.
NPM Staffing provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.